RETAIL HOURS: M-W, 8 am to 5 pm;
Th-F, 8 to 6; Sat., 8 to 5; Sun, 10 to 2
854 Bearsden Road, Athol, MA 01331 M
Open 7 Days A Week
Check out the hours of operation, above for a time thats convenient for you.
Full Service Slaughterhouse For Farmers & Mid-Sized Companies
Do you sell directly to consumers, or to restaurants and supermarkets? We can help you, whatever your needs and requirements:
- Prefer smoke meats? Adams Farm is able to smoke your meats on site for very reasonable charges.
- Prefer to let your meat age? For a small charge we can hang your meat in our environmentally controlled cooler.
- Need extra animals to meet your orders or just for one event? Adams Farm can supply you with high quality carcasses or cuts of meat.
Welcome to Adams Farm: Quality Products & Services Since 1946
Nutrition Labeling of Single-Ingredient Products and
or Chopped Meat and Poultry Products
From March 1, 2012, USDA FSIS requires nutrition labeling of the major cuts of single-ingredient, raw meat and poultry products, unless an exemption applies. Nutrition information for these products will be required either on their label or at their point-of-purchase (e.g., by sign or brochure).
For more information and to download the sign that can be displayed please go to: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/regulations/Nutrition_Labeling/index.asp
Adams Farm profiled in Edible Boston’s Fall 2011 edition:
“Just before Christmas in 2006 the Adams family’s plans and their business literally went up in flames. Since then, they have rebuilt from the ground up with design help from Dr. Temple Grandin. A thoughtfully designed, humane system that takes the animals through the slaughtering process.” Read more and see some great photographs by following this link: Edible Boston Article in PDF.
----- CLICK HERE FOR OUR CUTLISTS! -----
The Adams Farm Slaughterhouse is a third generation, state-of-the-art, USDA inspected meat processing facility that utilizes strict quality control standards to provide only the highest quality, fresh meat products that exceed USDA standards and a consistently applied animal tracking system that ensures a dependable and reliable service to their customers.
As an added feature, the slaughterhouse is surrounded by 122 acres of farmland where the livestock are pasture fed with no added growth hormones or antibiotics, professionally and humanely managed and raised in a free-range environment.
Our new state-of-the-art, USDA inspected meat processing plant and retail store provides:
- Professionally designed animal holding pens for the humane treatment of all animals.
- USDA Organic, Halal, Natural and USDA Certified meat products.
- Custom processing utilizing a consistently applied animal tracking system.
- Retail and wholesale shopping for the public and businesses to purchase only the highest quality products.
- The ownership of the Adams Farm Slaughterhouse has a combined 125 years of experience in the meat processing business. The family has dedicated themselves to adhering to strict quality control and tracking procedures that ensure that each customer receives only the highest quality products and dependable service.